Follow these 5 practical tips to ensure you’re having fun with Google Certified Educator exam! Inspired by the most exciting coaching session with the amazing teachers at Lazuardi Islamic School, Indonesia, you will feel how we got excited about this exam!
1. Study the Exam Material Together
“Real teachers always inspire students to do great things.” Agung – Google Certified Educator
- Complete the study guides together: Collaborate with your friends to complete the exam preparation material together to get the main concepts : Google for Education Training Center Unit 1-13 Module.
- Share some tips and skills that you didn’t know yet: Ask questions to your friends regarding the materials, skills, exam you are not sure yet.
- Practice the important skills in Google Suites for Education. Make sure everyone practice Google Apps, contribute to discussion and exchange their perspectives on specific skills or tasks.
2. Join Coaching Program
“Nothing beats practices and familiarity. So make use of Google sites frequently at work – you will be able to do the exam better and more confidently!” Fauzia – Google Certified Educator
Coaching program with Google Certified Trainer offer vital support on:
- Structured Guides : Coaching session will help you schedule personal study time, complete series of exam preparation, and discuss key concepts and specific skills you should be focusing on.
- Exam format : Familiarize yourself with the type of questions that will be on the exam which include 20 Multiple Choice & 11 Scenarios that you need to complete in 3 hours.
- Exam Simulation : The coaching program will allow you to draft potential exam questions and skills you need to master to pass the exam.
3. Take the Exam Together
“You may see me struggle, but you’ll never see me quit.” Aria – Google Certified Educator
- Ask Questions: During the Exam, you may access all your learning resources (Google Search, Study Guide, any learning material!) or even you may ask your trainer or friends if you are not clear on a question/tasks.
- Review your answer: Use every minute of the exam by reviewing the questions or choices, checking your answers, and ensure everything is accurate and complete.
- Don’t spend too much time on any complicated questions/tasks: Time is ticking. When you’ve completed the rest of the exam, you may come back to the unfinished problems so keep your focus on the things. Taking breaks when necessary
4. Celebrate the Experience
“Overcoming your fear of failure leads to success. Failure is nothing but a learning experience to do things better.” Mahrukh Bashir- Google Certified Educator
- Turn your focus toward the process and away from the result: Your friends or you may fail or pass the exam. One thing you need to remember is you’re all in this together so the experience and process you’re working on with your friends are the most rewarding outcome from this exam session.
- Review what you’ve done during exam: Reflect the biggest factors that contribute to your exam results. Your Google apps or English skills, internet, time, focus are some of the most important aspects you might need to pass the next exam.
- Support your friends: If you friends fail, please do support them to reflect on the process and encourage them to retake the exam. If your friends pass, congratulate them and have a ‘party‘ with them!
5. Extend the learning
“A good educator is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.” Joko – Google Certified Educator
- Practice what you’ve learned: The learning journey never stops till the exam. You should use what you’ve learned during the process to enhance your teaching and learning process. Change the way you learn, teach, inspire, and share with your students and your teachers.
- Lead study group with your friends: If you teach and coach your friends, you’re re-learning the material all over again. It’s a great way to reinforce what you’ve learned and help someone in the meantime.
- Prepare yourself for the next certification program: Challenge yourself to prepare the next Google for Education Certifications program such as : Google Certified Educator Level 2, Trainer, and Innovator programs. Getting ready to DO MORE!
Lastly, here are some FUN testimonials and FUN tips shared by the Google Certified Educators who took the exam at Lazuardi School, Indonesia.
If you’ve more questions about how we can make Google Certified Educator Exam more fun and exciting, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Every single thing will be great if we constantly do it everyday.” Fajar – Google Certified Educator