Meet the courageous IT Support Team from Penabur School – Indonesia who want to transform the use of technology for learning through Google Certified Educator program!
It takes collaborative IT Support Team to start innovation at your school.
The courage to transform your organization starts with your action to learn various technology you may often use, Google Suites for Education.
Many IT Support & teachers may often access and use these tools for daily administration however, most of them probably do not know how to use certain features creatively to change the way you learn, share, and teach at school.
Together with IT Support Team from Penabur School, we designed a Google Certified Educator workshop and exam to transform learning with Google Suites for Education.
Our Learning Goals
This workshop use Google for Education Training Center: Fundamental Training material which equip participants with these amazing digital skills:
- Understand the role of technology and digital citizenship in transforming learning experiences.
- Access Google for Education Training Center, Certifications, and Communities.
- Manage online, easy to access, and virus-free storage system with Google Drive.
- Facilitate collaboration in creating paperless learning projects such as lesson plans, grade books, photo album, presentation, survey, proposal with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, dan Forms.
- Build effective communication through Gmail, Group, Contact, dan Hangout.
- Organize activities with Google Calendar.
- Build learning management system which include collaborative and efficient assignment and assessment with Google Classroom
- Showcase engaging portfolio and interactive information with Google Sites.
- Research effectively with Google Chrome & Google Search.
- Save and share captivating video with YouTube.
- From Participants to Participants : Participants work together to help one another to explore and access Google Suites for Education. No Participants Left Behind!
- Collaborative Project : Participants complete series of challenges and projects which enable them to practice innovative use of Google Suites for Education.
- Case Study : Participants discuss how these applications can be implemented in school activities such as school administration, events, and teaching and learning process.
- Interactive Discussion : Participants ask questions, share suggestions, and propose practical ideas that help them to understand tips and tricks to implement Google Suites for Education to solve problems and design innovative solutions.
This training program has successfully transformed participants’ perspectives:
- Creative Technology Use in Learning: Participants learn how practical skills, tips, and tricks to use Google Suites for Education to learn, create, share effectively.
- Effective Training Strategies: Participants learn how to empower educators and students to use the full power of technology.
- Taking Google for Education Certifications : Participants will get motivated to validate their skills with Google for Education Certifications.
Taking Google Certified Educator Exam. This Changes Everything.
It takes a great courage to take Google Certified Educator Exam.This is what we did to gain meaningful experiences with the exam:
- Exam Preparation : Completing Unit Review from Google for Education Training Center dan take a ‘Try Out‘ which help participants to be ready for Google for Education Certifications.
- Google Certified Educator Exam : You need to complete 3 hours exam which include case study and project based learning that validate your Google Suites for Education skills. Check out this post for more information about the exam: https://edutechpost.wordpress.com/2017/04/08/how-to-become-a-google-certified-educator/
- Celebrate the Experiences : Taking Google Certified Educator Exam goes beyond the exam result, it’s about collaborative learning experience which will transform the way you use technology in learning. Meet the new members of Google Certified Educators from Penabur Schoool who are ready to make changes with technology!
Are you ready to transform the way you use technology in learning?
Finally, The most important outcome of this transformational journey is NOT about the certificate, it’s about how you use the skills you gained from the experiences to make changes.
“Technology will NOT replace GREAT EDUCATORS OR IT SUPPORT, but TECHNOLOGY in the hands of GREAT EDUCATORS OR IT Support can be TRANSFORMATIONAL.”
Feel free to contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions!
- Thank you to these champion IT Support Team : Pak Antonius Juniadhi & Patrick Resi who have organized the amazing Google Certified Educator Exam Sessions!
- Photo Courtesy of Patrick Resi (Professional Photographer & IT Evangelist at Penabur School)
- All supportive IT Support & Staff from Penabur School