1. Becoming Outstanding educators with a passion for using innovative technologies and approaches to improve teaching and learning.
I commit myself to make technology as learning outcome because technology is just a tool to raise awareness, start conversations, find answers, join partners, change minds, and make a differences. This is what I will do as outstanding educators:
– Effectively Save & Share in the Clouds. Google Drive is one of the greatest invention in digital world that will allow you to save and share doc, excel, presentation, form, and drawings which is integrated one another that could be easily shared via Gmail. We could save paper, increase accessibility and protect the file.
– Enable Students to use the full power of technology. Let’s raise students awareness that they can use technology to collaborate to create, revise, and share knowledge through easy and effective technology using Google Drive.
2. Growing to be Creative leaders who understand opportunities and challenges, and have a desire to help empower others in their local community and beyond.
#TeamKweKwek at GTASEA
– Encourage The Importance of Technology
I commit myself to show the importance of technology in school. Help my colleague to solve daily school life problems using technology. Google Classroom provides us a tool for teachers to manage materials, lesson plans, assessment, quiz, and projects which is integrated with Google Drive.
Philippines, Indonesia, and Singapore GEG Leader
– Lead Creative Use of Technology.
There are so many things that we could do with technology, more than just updating our status and uploading photos. Google+ provides community, photo and video sharing with autoawesome and story, Hangout video chat which helps us to learn, discuss, and share together. I’ll be the model of teachers who use technology for effective learning and teaching.
3. Dare to be Ambassadors for change who model high expectations, life-long learning, collaboration, equity, and innovation.
– Collaborate to Learn & Share
I commit myself to collaborate with other GTA and GEG family to learn and share. I have new family now at #GTASEA.
– Design the PD you deserve
Jennie Magiera’s Quotes
It’s time to make a difference in life-long learning experiences. Let’s create Professional Development that we deserve. This could be your personal PD by learning Google Basic Exam and Google Education Trainer materials.
GEG West Jakarta is just new born ‘baby’ of GEG Family!
Google Educator Group are independently run communities of educators who inspire and empower each other to meet the needs of students through technology, both in the classroom and beyond. Just a week ago (Sept 27), we actually just initiated Google Educator Group West Jakarta at Singapore International School Kebon Jeruk West Jakarta.
This community is initiated to facilitate the need of teachers to learn as a community. We call this a “community”, because these meetups are called for, organized and designed by teachers themselves, who take a role of GEG organizers. There are many strategies we can do to learn together here such as Workshop, MeetUp, Picnic, Hangout, Unconfence, etc.
Gmail, Google Hangout, dan Google Plus have very important roles in this GEG. I and Craig (Head of Singapore School, my Co-leader) have never met face to face to initiate GEG. We used Gmail, Hangout, and G+ to collaborate for the 1st GEG inaugural meetup and we were born! For the first time ever, I see the power of collaboration between educators and students (Google Student Ambassador) to make the changes happen. Thanks to Singapore International School, Google Student Ambassador, and every participants who join our journey to initiate GEG.
It’s a pleasure I could share the amazing story of the GEG West Jakarta Launch at GTASEA!
That’s all the awesomeness of my GTASEA experiences.
But, the awesomeness doesn’t end here in Manila, it’ll be even greater at Indonesia!
So, join the awesome community of learners and transformers of education and technology!
GEG West Jakarta here: http://bit.ly/GEGWestJakarta.
Finally, I hope many Indonesian educators could join the next Google Teacher Academy!